The demand for non-alcoholic beverages is on the rise globally. In South Africa, the low and non-alcoholic drinks market is still in its infancy, but it is showing great potential, as healthier wine and beer options are fast becoming popular. In a recent report, it was found that 47% of adult drinkers wanted to reduce their alcohol consumption to lead healthier lifestyles.
Globally, it is expected that sales of plain non-alcoholic wine will decrease as sales of flavored non-alcoholic wine increase. There are so many health benefits associated with low and no alcohol wines. In the short term, these include fewer calories and less sugar than their alcoholic counterparts. Therefore they are more beneficial for the body goals!
In the long term, reducing alcohol can help to avoid more serious health conditions such as cancer, high blood pressure, liver, as well as heart disease.
Therefore non-alcoholic wines matter!!
Below, we outline 8 reasons why you should consider joining this movement for freedom and mindful drinking by either reducing or eliminating alcohol completely.
The consumption of no and low alcohol wines will give you freedom:
- From religious limiting factors
- From long-term health risks associated with alcohol consumption
- From worrying about what you did while intoxicated
- From worrying about driving under the influence and legal risk
- From being limited to only high-alcohol brands
- From only buying great wines when the Covid lockdowns allow you to
- From only buying wines in-store within operating hours
- From feeling left out in social celebrations
Sources: www.factmr.com; Nielsen Research Group, SAWUBONA, South African Breweries